The following is the Explanation of Mahamantra given by By Bhaktivinod Thakur.
I enjoyed and relished reading it and just wanted to share with you devotees:)
Hare Krishna Hare Krishna
Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
Hare Rama Hare Rama
Rama Rama Hare Hare
1. O'Hari : Having Captured my mind, please free from material bondage.
2. O'Krishna : Please attract my mind by pulling it to you.
3. O'Hari : Please Capture my mind by your unsurpassed sweetness.
4. O'Krishna : Please purify my mind with Knowledge about Devotional Service given to me by your own devotee.
5. O'Krishna : Please make me able to relish your transcendental name, form, qualities, pastimes, etc.,
6. O'Krishna : Please make me develop a taste for your name, form, qualities and pastimes.
7. O'Hari : Please make me fit to serve you.
8. O'Hari : Please make me qualified to serve you and also order me to serve you.
9. O'Hari : Please make me hear of your sweet partimes with your dearmost Bhaktas.
10. O'Rama : He Rama! Radhika Ramana! make me hear your most cherished pastimes and your sweet affection
voice in Goloka in the Company of you and your beloved Radhika.
11. O'Hari : He Radhika, Please give me Darshan of your dearest pastimes with your beloved Krishna.
12. O'Rama : He Radhika Ramana, please reveal to me your pastimes with your beloved.
13. O'Rama : You who perform pastimes with your eternal associates, please engage me in remembering your
name, form qualities and pastimes.
14. O'Rama : You who gives pleasure to your eternal associates, Syama please make me qualified to serve you
while remembering your name, form, qualities and pastimes.
15. O'Hari : Please accept this fallen, wicked person and play with me as i deserve.
16. O'Hari : Please perform your transcendental sports with me.
This is my humble prayer at your lotus feet